Wai Yee Hong uses Royal Mail and Parcelforce for shipping goods nationally and internationally, and as such we are subject to their terms and conditions. Working days in the UK are Monday-Friday. Please note that deliveries using Royal Mail and Parcelforce are not made on weekends, or Bank Holidays. More information about our couriers’ delivery services may be found on their websites:
For small parcels shipping to the UK, we offer a flat-rate of £3.45 per parcel up to 2kg, which includes both packaging and VAT. Shipping weight is automatically calculated at the online checkout, and if your parcel is greater than 2kg, it will bring up alternative delivery options for you. Delivery estimate is 5-10 working days. Working Days in the UK are Monday-Friday.
For parcels shipping to the UK, we offer a flat-rate per 30kg parcel, which includes both packaging and VAT. Delivery estimates are from day of dispatch. Working Days in the UK are Monday-Friday.
Standard Delivery – £5.99
- 2-3 working days, for orders under £35
Discounted Shipping – £1.99
- 3-5 working days, for orders over £35
Next Working Day – £7.00 1-2 working days, price per parcel up to 30kg If selecting our ‘Next Working Day’ service, please note that this is from the day of dispatch. We will endeavor to pack and dispatch orders placed before 12 noon on the same day, subject to product availability. Orders placed on Friday before 12 noon should arrive on the following Monday (not including Bank Holiday weekends). Please note delivery time-scales are estimates and that addresses at the edges of the UK Mainland postal zone may find delivery takes slightly longer.
|Shipping||Cost per 30kg||Notes|
|Standard Delivery||£5.99||For orders under £35|
|Discounted Shipping||£1.99||For orders over £35|
Parcelforce operates a zonal surcharge system. Shipping rates for addresses in the Isle of Wight and zones 2 and 3 are detailed below:
Isle of Wight (IOW) – £9.99
- 2-3 working days
- postcodes PO30-PO41
Highlands & Islands of Scotland (Zone 2) – £13.99
- 3-5 working days
- postcodes IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50, ZE
Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly,
Northern Ireland (Zone 3) – £15.99
- 3-5 working days
- postcodes IM, TR21-25,
BT(Shipping to Northern Ireland has temporarily been suspended due to Brexit and the increase in customs paperwork required when dispatching goods to this part of the United Kingdom.)
|Zone||Cost per 30kg||Postcodes|
|Isle of Wight||£7.99||PO30-PO41|
|Zone 2||£13.99||IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50, ZE|
|Zone 3||£15.99||IM, TR21-25,
Please note that due to the exclusion of the Channel Islands from the EC for tax purposes, we are currently unable to deliver parcels there. Please also note that unfortunately, we are unable to deliver to BFPO addresses.
We are currently suspending shipping to Europe due to Brexit. When the custom and export issues have been resolved, we hope to be able to resume shipments in the future. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
We are currently able to deliver to the following countries* at a flat-rate per 25kg: *Exceptions may apply for some islands and independent regions etc. Please contact us if you require any clarification.
We are experiencing a higher volume of online orders than usual. We have had to temporarily suspend our Local Delivery Service. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
If delivery address is within 3 miles of our store, you can use our ‘local delivery service’. The cost of our ‘Local Delivery’ service is a flat rate of £3.99 with no weight restriction. If you are ordering over £35 of goods for local delivery (within 3 miles of our store), you will qualify for FREE local delivery!
|Orders up to £35||£3.99|
|Orders over £35||FREE|
Click here to check whether your delivery address is within 3 miles from our store.
Local deliveries are dispatched on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. If you wish for a different delivery day (Monday-Friday), please add a note in the order comments. We will do our best to accommodate this, but cannot guarantee that we can deliver outside of our standard local delivery days of Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. In rare instances, your order may be put on hold to ensure we have the freshest goods for you before we dispatch. Please provide a contact telephone number when ordering, so we can contact you if we need to. Fresh and frozen items may only be purchased if delivery address is within 3 miles from our store. This is to ensure that our goods reach you in the best possible condition. Delivery of orders including fresh and frozen items cannot be split, and must be made via our ‘local delivery service’. Orders dispatched via our ‘Local Delivery’ service cannot be left unattended. If you, or a neighbour are not able to receive your order, you must contact us to arrange redelivery (stating name, order number, contact telephone number and confirming delivery address). Delivery will be attempted twice. In the event that delivery is unsuccessful on both attempts, management reserves the right to charge an additional delivery fee at the standard ‘Local Delivery’ shipping rate. Alternatively, the order may be cancelled and the cost of goods refunded, excluding shipping costs. In the event of the order having FREE local delivery, the standard ‘Local Delivery’ shipping rate will apply.
In accordance with our courier’s shipping guidelines, product shipping weight is based on either the volumetric weight or the actual weight; whichever is the greater value. Once we have received your order, we aim to process and dispatch it within 3 working days; usually much faster! Should we have any trouble with fulfilling your order we will make sensible substitutions if possible. Where a substitution is made, you will always be charged the lower of the two prices. In cases where no obvious substitution is available, we will contact you to confirm how you wish to proceed. Once dispatched, your goods should arrive within the timeframe of your selected delivery method. Whilst we will do as much as reasonably possible to chase up deliveries with our carriers, Wai Yee Hong cannot be held responsible for any delays to the delivery of your goods once they have been dispatched. Please Note:
- All deliveries will be considered as received in good condition unless you specifically sign as ‘damaged’ or ‘opened’ etc. ‘Unchecked’ will not be accepted as a valid status.
- Parcels with age-restricted goods must be signed for by someone over 18 (ID may be requested) and cannot be left if there is no-one there to receive them.
- If you request your order to be left unattended (not applicable for age-restricted goods), Wai Yee Hong and Parcelforce may not be held liable for any loss, damage, or delay arising howsoever from delivery. We would recommend that delivery is arranged to an alternative address or neighbour where someone is able to receive the parcel. By requesting the parcel to be left unattended, you agree that it shall indemnify Wai Yee Hong and Parcelforce against all actions, claims and demands in respect of any loss, damage, injury or death arising from the delivery of your parcel.
- Wai Yee Hong are not obliged to pass on instructions to leave parcels unattended. In some cases it may be deemed unsuitable to pass on instructions for orders to be left unattended, for example if the order is of a high value.
- Whilst we will do as much as reasonably possible to ensure you get your parcel, Wai Yee Hong cannot be held responsible for failed deliveries. Parcels that are returned to Wai Yee Hong following failed delivery will be refunded minus the cost of shipping.
Wai Yee Hong makes no guarantee that your products will arrive within the timeframe selected and cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or expense resulting from any delay in delivery. If your goods are not delivered on time, it does not give you the right to cancel your contract with Wai Yee Hong. If you wish to return any items, please follow the instructions laid out in our returns policy. Goods will be delivered to the address as specified by you on the online check-out form. Wai Yee Hong cannot be held responsible for any lost or damaged packages resulting from an incomplete or inaccurate address.
Wai Yee Hong has a 7 day returns window in accordance to the UK Distance Selling Regulations, for purchases made through our online store. All items being returned will be at your own expense unless faulty or sent in error. This return window excludes perishable (fresh and frozen) items (please see above). If, for any reason, you wish to return any items, you should:
- Contact us via email, if we receive any returned goods without our prior knowledge we reserve the right to refuse them.
- Once you have notified us of your wish to return an item, the item(s) should be sent back to us with a copy of the delivery note or receipt to: Wai Yee Hong Online sales, Eastgate Oriental City Eastgate Road Eastville Bristol BS5 6XX
- All products must be returned sealed and in a saleable condition unless faulty or defective. We recommend that you return items using recorded delivery as we cannot assume responsibility for anything you send back until we have received them.
- Once we have processed your return you will be refunded the cost of the item(s) being returned.
Please follow the returns instructions above. The processing of returns is at the discretion of Wai Yee Hong. Should you not follow the guidelines laid out in this notice, we reserve the right to apply a processing charge proportional to any additional work required to process the return. We are happy to process returns beyond the 7 days if:
- A product was found to be faulty or damaged.
- A product was sent in error.
In both cases, we will endeavour to replace your product with the same or similar item and reimburse you with delivery costs. Should no substitute product be available, we will give you a full refund including delivery costs incurred with returning the item. Returns of products bought on promotion will be refunded at the promotional price. Please allow 28 days (not including delivery time) for us to process your return