Kay is one of our most familiar faces in store, working on the accounts desk. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and particularly likes Malaysian cuisine. Her recommendation this month, is Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce.
“I’ve tried a number of oyster sauces, and can really recommend the Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce. The flavour is salty and sweet; absolutely delicious! It’s worth spending just a little more moneys on a good oyster sauce, because you need much less to get the same amount of flavour than a cheap brand.”
“I like to use it in stir-fries, in Chinese stews or more simply on top of some blanched vegetables or on shrimp-egg noodles to make a lo-mein dish.”
- Add to stir-fries sparingly for an authentic taste and a rich colour (try a stir-fry of beef and green beans in oyster sauce!)
- Pop a bit into your Chinese stewed beef or lamb to taste and heat through just before serving.
- Make your marinade special with a tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- Put it on top of blanched vegetables or drained shrimp-egg noodles with a few dops of sesame oil for something simple.
- Tastes delicious on fried eggs!